CityBldr powers enterprise real estate acquisitions. The company has developed sophisticated site-selection tools that leverage market intelligence and machine learning to understand the best use of US land parcels and simulate future land use. "CityBldr Value" was the first instant online valuation tool to show what a builder or developer would pay for any property.
We will become the largest Commercial Real Estate Brokerage platform in the world and a global "Top 5" Commercial Real Estate Company dedicated to having the most intelligent, powerful, and scalable platform in the industry. The technology edge we have is a major competitive advantage that sustains our rapid growth. Our highly customized property identification platform includes hot leads, offer tracking, completely scalable land use analytics, and location aware pricing models.
We are a highly skilled, collaborative, and interdisciplinary team that values the different perspectives and ideas of our teammates. We have fun and laugh often, and at the same time we are working hard to innovate and deliver the highest quality to our customers and clients.
CityBldr is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our ambitious team to develop and deploy our future applications, as well as build upon our existing systems. As a Backend Engineer, you will collaborate with product managers, company leadership, and other developers to identify and create solutions to business objectives. You will be primarily responsible for writing maintainable code and implementing solutions.
Our ideal candidate
- Is enthusiastic about developing business-critical backend systems from concept to completion
- Excels in a fully remote collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Can handle a moderate degree of self-direction to meet goals
- Produces consistent, clean, and maintainable code
- Stays up to date with backend development best practices
- Is great at identifying, troubleshooting, and fixing bugs
- Is excited about working for a fast growing startup with an eye on creating world class real estate technology
What we're looking for
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with database systems, particularly PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Familiarity with search technologies like ElasticSearch
- Experience integrating between frontend and backend systems
- Experience with Git
Bonus points for
- Experience with or knowledge of Real Estate, Urban Planning, or GIS
- Experience building or integrating CRM systems
- Experience with Rust or other compiled languages and a desire to learn Rust
- Systems administration, architecture, and security of AWS services
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related scientific or engineering field
- Familiarity with React/Redux
- Docker, Linux experience
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.